self portrait #3

self portrait #3
by gina paiano (aka gstar guitar)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FLY

Can you hear my laughter- Can you feel my mind? Will you see me after time has made you blind? Will you hear me screaming as my walls are broken? Will you feel me bleeding as my pride is choking? Why am I hearing voices so haunting? What am I fearing – it’s my soul I’m flaunting... Chains all around me – don’t I want them there? Conversation ground me – keep my mind aware... ... Over-analyzing all the petty reasons why In the end I will ascend an infinite sky I’m gonna fly… Don’t break the silence – it’s my sole companion Love, sex and violence twist my moral stand and Give me ample reason I should let you in Get down on your knees and let the show begin ... Over-analyzing all the petty reasons why In the end I will ascend an infinite sky I’m gonna fly… Oh mother help me - here I go again.... I'm divin' head-first in the shallow end... this time tomorrow I might need a friend.... Oh mother help me here I go again.... Here is my power – should I be so daring Will you devour all the self I’m sharing In and out of darkness – writhing in my fire Will you say I’m heartless when you can’t go higher ... Over-analyzing all the petty reasons why In the end I will ascend an infinite sky I’m gonna fly… Gina Paiano (gstar-guitar) 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment